If you want to make many toasts for multiple people, then the 4 slice toaster is a great buy. However, it can be a little tricky to choose the right model amid the many brands available on the market today. Lucky for you, I’ll be reviewing five of the best 4 slice toaster and list a guide for your convenience.
Top Picks : 5 Best 4 Slice Toaster
Top 5 Best 4 Slice Toaster Consumer Reports
1. Cuisinart Touch Leverless 4-Slice Toaster Review
The Cuisinart 4 Slice Toaster is a fully automated model which features a motorized control that lifts and lowers the bread with just a simple touch of a button.
It features four extra-wide 1.5-inch slots and two control panels to let you toast two pairs of bread at different shades. This means a dual custom control where you can toast two different types of bread at once.
This 4 slice toaster is made of smooth brushed stainless steel for durability. It has an LCD countdown timer to show the time of toasting. The blue LED-backlit allows you to read the time even in dark areas.
It features seven shade settings and 10 functions- 2 Bagel, 2 Defrost, 2 Reheat, 2 Toast, and 2 Cancel. There is a removable crumb tray for ease of cleaning. It also comes with a removable crumb tray for easy cleanup and a 3-year limited warranty.
- Fully automated for ease of use
- Easy to clean with its removable crumb tray
- It has a motorized control lift
- Made of durable construction and extra-wide slots
- Built with a LED-backlit LCD timer
- It offers seven shade settings and dual custom control
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty
- The buttons are fragile
- Sometimes the motorized control lift won’t work
2. Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Retro Style Toaster Review
The Russell Hobbs TR9250BKR is a great mix of modern and retro innovations. This 4 slice toaster has a retro design that offers a vintage feel in your kitchen. It’s made of stainless steel to resist rust and corrosion.
Among its modern features include a toasting timer which shows the time counting down until the selected browning setting is achieved. A removable warming rack that attaches at the top of the toaster allows you to warm pastries, buns, and rolls.
You can monitor your toasting progress without stopping the heating cycle with the Lift & Look feature. There are three functions offered by this unit: Bagel, Frozen, and Cancel.
While the Bagel toasts the cut side of the bagel, the Frozen setting toasts your bread back to its fresh state. This comes with six levels of shades and a 2-year warranty.
- Built-in timer to show the toasting time
- It has a removable rack for extra function
- Allows you to monitor the toasting progress midway through the heating cycle
- It has three easy-to-operate button functions.
- Offers a variable browning control to achieve the desired shade of doneness
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- It has a nice retro-style design
- Made of durable construction
- May need extra storage space for the warming rack
- I wish the lift lever is automatic and not manual
- The slots are a bit small for their bulky size
3.Bonsaii 4-Slice Bagel Or Bread Toaster Review
The Bonsaii T866 is an affordable option that’s suitable for home and office use. It comes with four variable width bread slots so you can toast different sizes of bread.
There are six shade settings you can choose- 2 Bagel, 2 Defrost, and 2 Defrost. The high-lift lever automatically pops up for safety, so you don’t have to reach the hot surface inside the slot.
There’s a removable crumb tray to collect all the crumbs and a cord storage to keep your counter neat. An anti-slip foot is built at the base of the toaster to keep from slipping while working.
This model comes with a 1-year limited warranty to cover any defects.
- It comes at a very affordable price
- Built with a removable crumb for easy cleaning
- Has extra-wide 1.5-inch slots to accommodate different sizes of bread
- Has dual controls to toast two pairs of bread at the same time
- Features a high-lift lever for safety
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- The lever mechanism easily malfunctions
- Its heating element is inconsistent
4. KitchenAid Pro Line Series 4-Slice Automatic Toaster Review
If you want a 4 slice toaster complete with all the bells and whistles, try the KitchenAid KMT4203CA, which features an aluminum die-cast body and chrome details.
It comes with an automatic Keep Warm function which is great in keeping your toasts warm up to three minutes after it’s done. There seven shade settings and four functions available- Bagel Frozen, A Little Longer, and Toast/Cancel.
The automatic lever lowers the bread upon sensing its presence on the slot. As soon as the toast reaches its selected shade, the lever automatically lifts, and a completion alert is given.
This high-end model comes with a removable crumb tray and a 5-year limited warranty to give you peace of mind.
- An automatic lift and lower lever function
- It comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- It offers seven shade settings
- Constructed with nice color and design
- Keeps your toast warm up to three minutes after toasting
- Very easy to use with all the smart features
- Made with a durable construction
- Easy to clean with its removable crumb tray
- It offers a dual custom control
- More expensive than its rivals
- The heating element is so weak that you need to set the timer on maximum
5. Breville Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster Review
The Breville BTA840XL is a very durable toaster with its die-cast housing construction. It comes with an intelligent one-touch auto lowering function which makes the operation easy.
This smart toaster comes with a removable crumb tray and five functions- toast, a bit more, bagel, defrost, and lift-and-look.
The LED panel lights according to the shade setting you select. I love its beeping sound once the heating cycle ends and dual independent controls, allowing you to toast two pairs of different bread at once.
This comes with a 1-year limited warranty and extra-wide slots to accommodate bagels.
- Designed with a removable crumb tray for ease of use
- It comes with an audible beeping sound to indicate that your toast is made
- Made with a durable die-cast housing and extra-wide slots
- It offers five browning settings and five push-button controls
- Built with great smart features for ease of use
It has an automatic lever
- The toasting level is inconsistent
- The heating element easily fails after several uses
Why Should You Use A 4 Slice Toaster?
Many people have asked me whether getting a 4 slice toaster is necessary. Traditionally, toasters are designed to make two slices of bread. However, with a 4 slice toaster, you get four slices of toast instead of two.
You can feel the benefit of a 4 slice toaster if you’re making toasts for a great number of people in a hurry. This saves you time as you don’t have to go back and forth while your family or guests are waiting.
Do you know that toasting two slices of bread consumes the same energy as it does with four? This means great savings on your electrical bill. You don’t have to worry about the style because many models are made with a sleek design.
Cleaning Your 4 Slice Toaster
The secret to a perfect toast is maintaining the cleanliness of your toaster. All it needs is a little of your time and a few supplies- a soft brush, sponge, mild soap, cloth, and vinegar.
First, unplug your toaster and bring it near your sink to reduce cleanup. Next, insert the brush into the slots and remove the crumbs. Remove the crumb tray and throw the crumbs into the nearby sink.
Use the sponge and mild soap to clean the tray. Before you return the tray, rinse and dry. Shake the toaster to remove any crumbs left inside. Now, wipe the exterior part of the toaster with a cloth soaked with little vinegar.
Watch how these steps on cleaning a toaster are demonstrated in this video:
What To Look For Buying Your Best 4 Slice Toaster Maker
* Wide Slots
If you want versatility, look for wide toasting slots. Having wide slots is ideal because you can toast various bread sizes, from thin slices of toast to bagels.
The standard measurement of extra-wide toasters is about 1.5 inches. Anything wider than 1.5 inches is preferred if you want to toast Artisan loaves or any longer bread cuts.
* Durable Construction
Durability is one of the top priorities when it comes to buying any kitchen appliance. Many toasters are made of metal with different amounts of plastic components. If you want something that will last, look for an all-metal toaster.
Stainless steel is rust-resistant, but it can scratch up right away. For more durability, look for chrome and die-cast steel construction. Avoid plastic housing because it tends to warp and dent easily.
* Dual Controls
Look for a model with dual controls if your household has different preferences. With this control feature, you can toast a bagel and a muffin at once. This saves your time when you prepare bread for breakfast and makes your life more convenient as you don’t have to toast separately.
A warranty may give you peace of mind after purchase. With this feature, you can return or repair the unit if it becomes defective. A longer warranty may translate to durability because a manufacturer won’t provide it if he’s not confident with its product’s quality.
* Variable Browning Control
Nearly all of the 4 slice toasters have a variable browning control. This specific control allows you to select the ideal shade of your toast. Most brands offer about 4-7 shade levels, with 1 as the lightest and the highest number as the darkest.
This browning control is significant if your toaster lacks any form of timer. Instead of keeping track of the time, you go with the color to achieve your toasting preference.
* High-Lift Lever
Look for a high-lift lever for safety, so you don’t have to reach into the toaster when getting your bread out. This feature is essential if you have kids because they might use a fork to get the bread out and accidentally injure themselves.
Also, you might use this lever to check your toasting progress without the need to stop the heating cycle.
The best 4 slice toaster should be easy to use and clean. For ease of use, look for a toaster with motorized control. The touch of a button should control the functions. Also, look for a timer or countdown, so you’ll know exactly how much time is left in the cooking process.
You know that making a toast creates many crumbs, and they often remain in your toaster, posing a fire hazard sometimes. To ensure easy cleanup, look for a removable crumb tray. This feature is basically a drawer where it catches all the crumbs and pulls out to empty.
If you are interested in other kitchen gadgets, refer here: Best Choices
Also Read :
Looking at the things we look for, I’d say the Cuisinart Toaster is the best 4 slice toaster. The Cuisinart Toaster is made of extra-wide slots and durable construction of brushed stainless steel. It offers dual custom control and a 3-year limited warranty.
Unlike the other expensive models, the Cuisinart 4 slice toaster offers smart features at a lower price. It has an LCD countdown timer, a removable crumb tray, and a motorized control lift for safety. Best of all, it offers an audible alert signal when it’s done toasting.
If you’ve tried any of these brands and models, let us know in the comment section. You can also suggest a better brand and share this article with your friends.