Smokeless grills are a great alternative when you’re looking to grill away from the backyard. As much as we might enjoy entertaining on our own back decks or in our own backyards, many of us simply don’t have the space or privacy for anything larger than a small charcoal or gas grill. If this sounds like your situation, it might be worth checking out one of these six smokeless grills to give yourself some more options.
Here are some of the best Indoor smokeless grills available.
Editor’s Pick- Indoor Smokeless Grill
Best Indoor Smokeless Grill Consumer Reports In 2022
1. PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
- Smokeless indoor grill and griddle combo from PowerXL appliance collection is a super powerful, all-in-one electric grilling powerhouse designed to grill and sear your favorite foods indoors with the same succulent outdoor grill flavor faster and smarter than indoor grills while the inside stays tender and the outside finishes with a steakhouse-style char and authentic BBQ grill marks; Air Flow technology with advanced fanning system helps capture smoke and keeps it out of your kitchen
- Nonstick coating heat rapidly and maintain a constant temperature to bring outdoor grill quality to your family meals with evenly cooked, precise results, virtually smoke-free; multi-purpose griddle surface for eggs and bacon, pancakes and crepes, grilled cheese sandwiches and paninis
- 1-Touch LED digital temperature control lets you customize cooking from 450°F high-heat searing to 200°F low grilling; transform frozen foods straight from the freezer into tender char-grilled meals without having to defrost first
- PTFE & PFOA-free commercial-quality nonstick coated grill and griddle pans cook your favorite char-grilled meals with less or no added oil, effortless food release, and easier clean-up without sticky debris left behind – dishwasher-safe drip tray catches extra drips and splatters during cooking for fast and seamless clean-up
- #1 Smokeless Grill brand in America partnership*, 1650-watt unit with dishwasher-safe
|Color||Stainless Steel Pro with Hinged Lid|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||20 x 12 x 5 inches|
|Finish Type||Non Stick|
Skip the store-bought BBQ sauces and bring the smoky char and bold BBQ flavors to your kitchen with the PowerXL smokeless indoor grill and griddle combo. The all-in-one, electric grill and griddle is a super powerful grilling powerhouse designed to deliver authentic outdoor flavor, faster and smarter than indoor grills while keeping the inside clean.
The large tempered glass lid and stainless steel cooking surface allow you to perfectly prepare thick steaks, juicy burgers, mouthwatering chicken and more by adding your favorite BBQ sauce or marinade while they sizzle. The nonstick coating heat rapidly. With a powerful motor that streams from three heating zones, it can reach up to 400F° in just 6 minutes! Experience with PowerXL Smokeless Grill & Griddle Combo how fast you can go from craving to dining for all family members including your kids.
2. Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill
- INDOOR SMOKELES GRILL – enjoy your favorite grilled foods anytime you want with the Gotham Steel Indoor Smokeless Grill inside the house – think grilled steak, bacon, fish, kabobs, pork chops, burgers, chicken and more to perfection, year-round – just plug in, adjust the heat and you are ready to go!
- SMOKE-LESS TECHNOLOGY - this indoor smokeless grill has a mindfully designed drip tray which cools all grease quickly and reduces virtually all hot smoke, allowing you to grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your apartment or home.
- EVEN HEATING - the heating element is spread across the surface to ensure that every area of the grill is heated evenly.
- TEMERATURE CONTROL - adjustable temperature dial that maintains perfect heat across the entire surface for perfect grilling every time.
- ULTRA NON-STICK – The nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.32 x 14.96 x 3.94 inches|
|Item Weight||4.9 Pounds|
Indoor grilling has never been more convenient than with the Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill. It is safe for indoor use, and lets you enjoy your favorite grilled foods anytime you want.You can start grilling in minutes, without charcoal, lighter fluid or smoke. The Gotham Steel Indoor Smokeless Grill cooks to perfection on the stovetop, oven or grill.
3. Techwood Indoor Smokeless Grill
- [🍖UPGRADED CONTROL & HEATS UP QUICKLY] - Techwood smokeless grill with a LED accurate digital temperature control, allow you getting the cooking temperature correct from 220° F to 450° F. Maintains that constant temperature throughout the entire cooking process. Your food will be grilled to perfection under the high temperature from the grill heat with an authentic char-grilled texture and BBQ grill marks. Evenly Grilled, Tasty, Juicy and Browned results.
- [🍖NO SMOKE & DELICIOUS BBQ GRILL] - Techwood electric smokeless indoor grill cooks delicious and evenly grilled food without heavy charcoal or propane tank. From chargrilled steaks to grilled vegetables, you can savor all the flavor of a real grill without the smoke, opening up an exciting world of delicious indoor barbecue grilling experiences.
- [🍖ADVANCED SMOKE EXTRACTOR TECHNOLOGY] - The indoor electric BBQ grill is adopted advanced airflow technology and hidden fan, virtually all hot smoke is reduced allowing you to grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your entire apartment or home. And you can enjoy grilled steak, Bacon, Burgers, Fish, Kabobs, Sausages, Pork Chops, Chicken and more to perfection Year-Round! Effortlessly!
- [🍖DISHWASHER SAFE & EASY CLEANING] - Food slides right off the non-stick surface making clean up scrub-free! Clean up your electric grill in less than a minute! Grill plate and drip tray can be removed and washed in the dishwasher even wash it by hands, makes clean-up a breeze! That’s another application for removable grill plates and drip tray. Cleaning a grill has never been easier.
- [🍖PROMISE & QUALITY ASSURANCE] - Techwood electric smokeless grill is built-in overheat protection, automatically shutting off if the internal temperature gets too high. In addition, our electric grill is equipped with VIP support service, offer a outstanding 60-day hassle-free return policy & 36-month promise. Our products are all covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
|Voltage||120 Volts (AC)|
Grill food at the dining table and enjoy happy times with Virtually No Smoke. With Techwood’s smokeless grill, you can grill your favorite foods indoors no matter what the weather is. Advanced smoke extraction system ensures smokeless as you cook. Updated smart temperature control from 220°F to 450°F allows optimal temperature for searing meat, leaving it juicy and tender on the inside. A large grilling plate with a non-stick cooking surface is ideal for entertaining families and friends with delicious and healthy grilled food.
LED Temperature Display & Precise Control
Cook food freely with individual variable temperature dials to select the temperature of the grill anywhere from 220°F to 450°F for perfect results. 6 heat settings for precise cooking and make sure your delicious food gets evenly cooked.
Smoke Extraction Technology
To deliver this smokeless grilling experience, a fan hidden within the grill extracts smoke from the surface your food cooks, leaving the atmosphere almost totally smoke-free.
Non-Stick Grilling Surface
The non-stick surface is easy to clean up and helps delicate foods stay together instead of sticking or breaking. Food releases easily.
The grill has a non-stick surface, letting you cook with little to no oil without leaving burnt-on residue behind. Even better, the grill plate is completely removable and dishwasher safe, so cleaning up after you’ve enjoyed your meal is even easier.
4. Indoor Grill Electric Grill Griddle CUSIMAX Smokeless Grill
- [Grill whenever & wherever you want!]-Such a relief! No need to battle with grilling outside in a storm and choking to death on the smoke from your outdoor grill getting trapped in patio umbrella. Cusimax smokeless grill makes your house NO MORE CLOUDY SMOKE. Just Sitting around and grill and eat barbecue at home! This Electric Indoor Grill saves your money going outside for BBQ. Enjoy it in condo, RV, party or patio without trouble.
- [Heats Fast & Cooks Evenly]-With the Double U heating tubes, this indoor grill provides food the fast and consisitent heating, sealing in flavor and moisture, then brings you juicy steak. The perforated grill plate can filter out excess oil, also leave the meat with the grill marks like a charcoal grill does. Enjoy a delicious barbecue in a few minutes.
- [An Real Smokeless INDOOR GRILL]-CUSIMAX Smokeless Grill with Turbo Smoke Extractor brings away most smoke when grilling. You don't have to worry about triggering the smoke alarm or make the whole condo smell like a BBQ restaurant when cooking. Enjoy BBQ and beer indoors together!
- [Use & Cleaning & Store is A BREEZE!]-Ultra-clear LED smart display helps you adjusting the temperature from 200℉ to 450℉. The non-stick coating heating plate allows the food to be taken out easily without residue. Multiple detachable parts make the machine have no unreachable clean corners. Dishwasher safe parts: Glass Lid, Perforated heating plates, Silver heat reflector.
- [Worry-Free Buying]-You got the free lifetime customer service & 180-days worry free return policy with the item you brought from cusimax. All our products are stood by our professional technical engineers, and we're here to solve your problem.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||20.08 x 13.19 x 7.68 inches|
|Item Weight||14.76 Pounds|
The advantages of the indoor grill is a lot more than an outdoor grill. CLIMAX Electric grill can produce food that taste like outdoor grilling. So it is surely a better choice for those who love grilling and don’t have open space. The indoor grill also saves you money. It reduces your work and provides food in a really short time, that an outdoor grill can not give.
Anything you would grill outside, you can grill indoors! Unlike traditional outdoor charcoal and gas grills, CUSIMAX indoor electric grill have more specific temperature controls. Much like an oven or stovetop, these controls allow you to set a certain heat, which makes cooking a variety of foods easy and efficient.
Although nothing can emulate the feeling of standing outside around a grill, beer in hand enjoying the sunshine with friends and families, this electric grill comes pretty close. There isn’t a better option for cooking burgers and steaks in the winter. Achieving a crusty sear on a stovetop can’t happen without creating a good deal of smoke, and burgers cooked in the oven don’t have the same deep, blackened flavor.
5. Indoor Smokeless Grill Techwood 1500W Electric Grill
- [🍗Health & Delicious BBQ] - Techwood electric smokeless indoor grill cooks delicious and evenly grilled food without heavy charcoal or propane tank. The smokeless grill has a nonstick cooking surface that collects & drains any excess grease into a removable drip tray. This keeps the flavor in and the fat out for healthier, leaner, smokeless and delicious cooking.
- [🍗Removable Grill/Griddle Plate] - The electric grill provides uniform heat and comes with a grooved and flat surface for versatile cooking options. The grooved side allows you grill desired food shade and removes frying fat easily. Flat cooking surface is perfect for creating delicious crepes, which makes it versatile for cooking morning breakfast such as pancakes and eggs.
- [🍗LCD Touch Screen] - Built-in smart touch screen, no matter how novice you are, this indoor smokeless grill will help you to cook delicious masterpiece without any difficult. Or you can also easily manually set your desired temperature and cooking time. Temperature range: 212℉ to 482℉. Timer range: 0 to 120 Minutes.
- [🍗Indoor Smokeless Searing] - This indoor smokeless grill is adopted advanced airflow technology and hidden fan, virtually all hot smoke is reduced allowing you to grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your entire apartment or home. You can enjoy grilled steak, Bacon, Burgers, Fish, Kabobs, Sausages, Pork Chops, Chicken and more to perfection Year-Round! Effortlessly!
- [🍗Promise & Quality Assurance] - Techwood electric smokeless grill is built-in overheat protection, automatically shutting off if the internal temperature gets too high. In addition, our electric grill is equipped with VIP support service, offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free return policy & 18-month promise. Our products are all covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
|Frame Material||Stainless Steel|
Grill food at the dining table and enjoy happy times with Virtually No Smoke. Everyone loves grilled food, its delicious taste is irresistible. However, the food after char-grilled is very damaging to the stomach, and frequent consumption may cause stomach cancer. Why not choose Techwood indoor smokeless grill? Healthier, no fumes, give yourself a fresh kitchen. Plus, the large nonstick surface ideal for parties and family fun.
What to Look for When Buying a Smokeless Indoor Grill
It’s critical to pick the proper size grill with the right features at a price that’s within your budget. Continue reading to learn more about the different sizes, options, and cooking features available on indoor grills.
Operation with No Smoke
Smoke is produced by outdoor grills in part due to the fuel they burn, but also due to drippings that produce smoke and char. A grill for indoor usage cannot produce the same amount of smoke as an outdoor gas, charcoal, or wood-burning barbecue. Indoor barbecues operate on electricity, which produces no odors.
Unlike outdoor grills, which feature open grates that allow drippings to fall into the firebox, indoor grills have closed grates that route drippings to a grease management system, which prevents grease from burning and producing smoke. Rather, the grease is sent to a detachable tray.
Cooking Surface and Size
Indoor grills are significantly smaller than outdoor grills, so when not in use, they may be simply stored in a cupboard. Indoor grills range in size from 40 to 135 square inches, which is significantly less than the 400 to 500 square inches offered by the average outdoor grill. Electric grills, unlike gas and charcoal grills, are restricted by the 1,800 watts available from a conventional 120-volt outlet, which is only adequate to evenly heat a surface area of about 100 square inches.
The cooking surface has an impact on the total size of the grill, which is crucial to consider when deciding where to store the grill when it’s not in use and how much valuable counter space it will take up when it’s in use. The majority of indoor barbecues are 20 inches wide and 12 inches deep.
Range and Temperature Control
The sort of temperature controls available on electric grills varies. Lower-cost versions may simply have two temperature settings, whereas higher-cost models may have more. Knobs or digital controls on grills with a wide range of temperature options allow the user to set the grill surface to a precise temperature.
Indoor grills can cook at a variety of temperatures, ranging from 200 degrees to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Most indoor barbecues have lids, just like outdoor grills. Tempered-glass lids, similar to those used on kitchen pots and pans, are one option. Glass lids allow the cook to keep an eye on the dish without having to remove it. The clamshell design found on outdoor gas grills is also found on certain inside grills.
These grills’ concave form helps to properly distribute heat across the grill chamber. This lid type also makes it easier for the user to turn the food by opening the lid more readily. Lids are not used on press-style grills. Instead, the “cover” side of the grill has a second burner that presses down on the top of the food, simultaneously searing both sides.
After the grilling is done, indoor grills are designed to be simple to clean. They include removable drip trays, and most electric grills have components that break down into distinct sections, making cleanup easier after grilling. The cooking grates or plates can be removed from the grill body and washed in the sink or even put in the dishwasher.
Features Not Included
Indoor grills differ in price from low-cost single-temperature units to high-end models with a slew of features that make them more adaptable. Interchangeable griddle and grate cooking plates, as well as “smart” settings that can automatically grill food to a preset temperature, are among the extra features. Some high-end models have air-frying, roasting, baking, and even dehydrating capabilities in addition to grilling.
Frequently Asking Question
What Is The Best Brand Of Indoor Smokeless Grill?
The Ninja foodie grill is our top pick for the best indoor smokeless grill. Ninja is a company that makes a variety of kitchen appliances and is known for their versatility, and this grill is no exception. The Ninja fg551 Foodi Smart XL has excellent customer evaluations and is popular for combining six functions into one grill.
Can Electric Grills Be Used Indoors?
Yes, you can barbecue indoors with an electric grill as long as it doesn’t produce smoke. Indoor electric grills are divided into two categories: open grills and contact grills. The cover of an open grill does not come into touch with the food.
Are Electric Grills Any Good?
The healthiest method to cook outside is on an electric barbecue. They don’t produce carcinogens, and they don’t require environmentally harmful non-renewable gas fuels. If you’re concerned about your health, an electric grill may be a better alternative than a charcoal or gas grill.
Do Electric Grills Smoke?
Because they employ an electric heating element rather than an open flame like other fuels, electric grills and griddles emit less smoke than gas or charcoal grills. When food drippings fall onto the electric element and evaporate, however, smoke is produced.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Ribs On An Indoor Grill?
The cooking time for the ribs should be around 20 minutes. However, turn the ribs every 5-minutes to ensure even cooking on both sides. Then remove the foil from the ribs and roast them on the grill directly. Each side should be cooked for roughly 2-3 minutes.
The first grill to mention is the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill. This simple grill is good for one thing: searing. It has a large grilling surface and high temperature, so you can cook meat quickly. And this type of cooking isn’t very difficult, considering that the steak has already been seasoned on the outside.