Irrigation controllers have come a long way since the days of hand operated timers. You can schedule individual zones and water times now using the convenience of WiFi controllers, which gives you the ability to fine-tune your water usage. Step in to discover the 10 best WiFi irrigation controller choices that address different needs. The list starts with the least costly choice and progresses to an elaborate, more expensive option. You’ll also get to compare them based on their features, pros, and cons.
These recommendations took into consideration quality criteria such as usability of the mobile app, weather data updates, and extra features such as Alexa compatibility or voice activation system.
10. Blossom 7 Smart Watering Controller, 7 Zone, WiFi
The first choice in your list of the best WiFi irrigation controller models is the most basic, but it’s also one of the most reliable. The Blossom 7 Smart Controller is also the least expensive. It provides basic WiFi control of your irrigation, including up-to-the-minute weather data at your fingertips.
- Your irrigation schedule can be easily changed using the WiFi feed to deal with abnormal weather activity.
- The Blossom 7 Smart Watering Controller is perfect for small properties.
- Since this is a very simple system, it can be installed in less than 15 minutes and ready to go.
- The system can only control seven zones, with a pump relay option to alternate the eighth zone.
- While the weather information was up-to-date, this choice had very limited access to weather station data.
9. ECHTPower 9 Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller with WiFi Irrigation Timer
If you’re searching for the best WiFi irrigation controller when it comes to flexibility, this is a viable choice. The ECHTPower can be activated from your smartphone, tablet, PC, or by using voice command systems like Google Home and Alexa.
8. eSea Smart Sprinkler Controller 9- Zone WiFi Irrigation System Controller
The objective of the best WiFi irrigation controller should be to function with respect to your local weather forecast and the eSea Smart system offers that control. You can use multiple voice activation systems, program it from your smartphone, or from your Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa!
- You can override the local weather forecast from any handheld device easily with this system.
- The controller can operate nine individual zones, each with as many as nine valves. You can control each zone or valve separately.
- The eSea Smart Sprinkler Controller works with both Google Assistant and Alex, with remote weather access App.
- The controller does not support 5.0GHz routers.
- There was some reported disappointment that the override feature was difficult to set and did not always work properly.
7. Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart 6-Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller
Not every lawn or landscaped area is flat. With that in mind, Orbit added a unique feature that reads site conditions based on slope, soil type, sun, and shade prevalence. On top of that, it incorporates local weather data and is very easy to install and use. Just like most on this list, it’s waterproof which makes it fit for outdoor installation.
- The Orbit 57946 B-hyve is rated for installation indoors or outdoors. Weather and water resistant feature is a big advantage.
- There is also a 12-station upgrade available.
- This system also connects to Alexa for convenient voice control capabilities.
- Limited router choices, since this controller will only work on a 2.5GHz router feed.
- Some devices had trouble maintaining an online contact.
6. ESP4ME – Outdoor 120V Irrigation Controller
The ESP4ME is a system manufactured by trusted irrigation supplier Rain Bird. You will have the flexibility to control multiple stations, 4 to 22 total zones. This is a durable system that comes with a commercial-grade rating.
- One key advantage of the ESP4ME Irrigation Controller is the non-volatile memory capability. The system will not lose settings, even after long power outages.
- The range of choices for water conservation and water schedules was extremely flexible. You can set your system for as low as 5% to as high as 200% for the amount of water applied.
- There is a daily adjustment you can program to read local weather data.
- This controller needed some of the basic electrical parts, such as a pigtail to connect to the power source.
- The LNK module is sold as a separate part, unlike some choices on the list of the best WiFi irrigation controller models.
5. Netro Smart Sprinkler WiFi Irrigation Controller
The next alternative to consider in your search for the best WiFi irrigation controller also provides Alexa voice control capability. It has a weather aware feature, so you can not only monitor daily forecasts, but also calculate forecasts and other weather estimates. However, some users noted the app sometimes has issues depending on the device you install it on.
- The Netro Smart Sprinkler WiFi Irrigation Controller has a water restriction override so you can adhere to local watering limitations.
- It offers remote access with WiFi 2.4G connection. Internet control feature is a future add-on that will be available.
- One of the easiest installation estimates, taking about 15-minutes to replace an existing system.
- Limited zone control compared to some of the more expensive irrigation controllers.
- The inability to set a delay between stations to allow well water users to program a recovery time.
4. Rachio WiFi Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller
Many of the best WiFi irrigation controller alternatives incorporate voice command features such as Alexa. However, the Rachio Smart Controllers give you hands-free control using this voice control feature.
- The Rachio WiFi Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller received the most 5-star ratings of all the choices in our list of the best WiFi irrigation controller models.
- You will have the useful ability to control the weather with the Rachio Weather Intelligence™. It employs local weather data to know when to automatically shut off your system.
- This system has the ability to input individual schedules based on plant type or sun exposure.
- The owner’s manual was very detailed, but some reviews indicated difficulty in understanding how to program the more intricate features.
- The frequency of weather checks wasn’t sufficient to trigger the automatic shut off in areas that had daily rain.
3. Yardian – Multi-Functional Smart Sprinkler Controller
Some property owners enjoy both control of their irrigation and property security; if you’re one of them, Yardian definitely is the best wifi irrigation controller for you. This device combines both jobs into one of the more diverse choices for the best WiFi irrigation controller. It drastically reduces water consumption and brings some peace of mind due to its security features, not to mention it’s the only
- This is one of the few in your list of the best WiFi irrigation controller choices that doubles as an HD security camera.
- You can save as much as 50% on your water irrigation needs by programming the flexible Yardian Smart Sprinkler Controller.
- There is a smart program which allows you to coordinate specific zones and monitor water usage by zone.
- Some people did not want or need the security surveillance option, but there is no opportunity to skip this feature.
- The surveillance camera also had a very limited range. Therefore, it wasn’t deemed as an adequate replacement for a full security system.
2. Hunter HC-1200i Hydra-Wise Touch Screen Smart WiFi 12 Zone Sprinkler Controller
Hunter made the second best wifi irrigation controller, the Hydra-Wise flow meter. This is especially helpful in detecting broken pipes or faulty sprinkler heads. You will also be able to monitor water flow from the convenience of your mobile phone or another computing device.
- The Hunter HC-12001 Hydra-Wise is set up for simple transfer of existing irrigation timers.
- You will be able to program the timer to produce detailed reports on water usage, plus make quick schedule adjustments.
- You have full control of your irrigation system online, or through your home router.
- There is a connection available to monitor local weather stations, but it costs $60 a year.
- Standard setup only includes a single National Weather Service monitor. However, these stations can be miles away from your actual location.
1. Hunter PRO-HC PHC-2400 24 Zone Grade WiFi Controller
The absolute best WiFi irrigation controller is made by SPW and features a contractor-friendly door lock, which is one of its strongest points. Of course, the ease of use and its daily schedule adjustments depending on weather data, humidity, and previous settings.
- If you need the best WiFi irrigation controller to manage a large property, you need multiple zones. The Hunter PRO-HC PHC-2400 has 24 zone capabilities.
- There are extra large terminal strips and an easy access wiring compartment.
- The controllers monitor the electrical flow to your solenoid valves. When current is too high or too low, you will be alerted that your system requires your attention.
- The biggest disadvantage of this final selection in your best WiFi irrigation controller alternatives is price as this is the most expensive model.
- Property owners who do not need numerous stations may find the 24 zone capability to be overkill.
These are the 10 best controllers of 2022. In our opinion, the Hunter PRO is the best WiFi irrigation controller of the year due to its flawless functionality and secure design. However, each one has a few unique features you may find useful depending on your needs. If you purchase one of these best WiFi irrigation controller choices, let us know about your experience!
Recommended Read: Best Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers